Family Legal Care presented legal education workshops and webinars and gave remarks at several community events and organizations last quarter, including: The New York State Bar Association Partnership Conference, the Travelers Pro Bono Expo, CUNY Fatherhood Academy in Brooklyn and the Bronx, Brooklyn Family Justice Center, and The Bronx Vet Center.
- New York State Bar Association Partnership Conference. We led a presentation with Pro Bono Net, on “Innovations in Limited Scope Family Law: The Future of Remote Legal Services.” We shared data on remote legal services and highlighted our unique pro bono program as a case study.
- Travelers Pro Bono Expo. We were invited to present our award-winning Pro Bono Program at the Travelers Pro Bono Expo. Sami Ingram, Director of Pro Bono Programs, presented alongside one of our dedicated volunteers from Travelers, Al Ibuzor, who shared his experience working with us.
- CUNY Fatherhood Academy at Hostos Community College in the Bronx and Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn: We presented an overview of Family Court, fathers’ rights, and Family Legal Care’s programs and services, covering: paternity, child support, custody & visitation, and orders of protection.
- Brooklyn Family Justice Center. We provided an overview of our programs and services to caseworks at the Brooklyn Family Justice Center.
- Child Support and VA Benefits Webinar. We partnered with the Bronx Vet Center to deliver a webinar to parents & caregivers and service providers on complex child support issues, how they uniquely impact veterans, and what resources are available to support veterans.