Last Updated: November 15, 2022
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website, providing the Services and/or interacting with you, Family Legal Care will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
- Contact Information
When you contact us, sign up to be on our mailing list, book an appointment for our Services, make a donation through the Website, or contact us via email or Live Chat Helpline, you may be asked to provide certain information, which may include name, e-mail address, address, and phone number (collectively, “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to provide the requested service or information. We do not collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly.
- Volunteer/Pro Bono Partner Information
When you sign up to become a volunteer or Pro Bono Partner, you will be asked to provide certain information, including but not limited to name, e-mail address, address, phone number, and organization name (collectively, the “Volunteer/Pro Bono Partner Information”). We will use Volunteer/Pro Bono Partner Information only to determine whether you are a good fit for our organization and to contact you about the applicable volunteer and/or pro bono opportunities.
- Junior Board Information
When you sign up to join our Junior Board, you will be asked to provide certain information, including but not limited to name and e-mail address (collectively, the “Junior Board Information”). We will use Junior Board Information only to determine whether you are a good fit for our Junior Board.
- Billing Information
- Donor Information
If you wish to become a Donor, you will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment information (collectively, “Donor Information”). We may use and share Donor Information as described further below.
- Information obtained through Live Chat feature
When you use the Live Chat feature on any of our Services to communicate with us, we collect information provided in those communications. We will use such information to respond to your inquiries, to provide you with the Services and to improve the Services.
- Other Information
In addition to the Contact Information, Volunteer/Pro Bono Partner Information, Junior Board Information, Donor Information and information obtained through the Live Chat feature, we may collect or receive the following information:
- From Your Activity.In an ongoing effort to improve the Website and the Services, we automatically collect certain information when you visit the Website, and/or access and/or use our Services. This information consists of IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Website, and the Services (“Activity Information”).
- From Cookies.We also collect Activity Information by using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device to “remember” information about your visit. We may use session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer/device until you delete them). If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website, and the Services may not function properly.
For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics
How We Use and Share Your Information
You authorize us to use the Contact Information, Volunteer/Pro Bono Partner Information, Junior Board Information, Donor Information, Other Information, and information obtained through Live Chat feature (collectively, the “Information“) to provide our Website and Services to you and to improve the Website and the Services. Also, we may use and share the Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand users of the Website and our Services, we may analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and our Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may use this aggregate information for marketing purposes. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, business and business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Website and our Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Family Legal Care or others.
In addition, we may use and share the Donor Information for the following purposes:
- Distribution of receipts for donations;
- Thanking donors for their donation;
- Informing donors about upcoming fundraising initiatives and other activities of Family Legal Care;
- Internal analysis and record keeping;
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies; and
- Sending our annual reports to donors.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may access, review, and make changes to your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
How We Protect Your Information
Family Legal Care takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You should keep in mind, however, that no Internet transmission is 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website, and/or the Services may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or other electronic means.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Website and the Services may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. Family Legal Care encourages you to review the privacy and security policies of any externally linked websites that may be accessed through the Website or the Services. Family Legal Care assumes no responsibility or liability for the information collection and disclosure practices of any external websites that a user can access through the Website or the Services. Please check the privacy policies of these external websites before you submit any personal information to them.
Important Notice to All Non-U.S. Residents
Our Website, Services and servers are located in the United States. Please be aware that your Information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use Website, or the Services, you do so at your own risk.
DO NOT TRACK
Family Legal Care does not monitor, recognize or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms including general web browser, “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Telephone: (646) 613-9633
Or write to us at:
Family Legal Care
55 Broadway, Suite 2002
New York, NY 10006